Sunday, December 11, 2005

Swimming against the flow is adventure!

Oh God! What days those were...

I started my life in a good river. Even as I started it, I seemed to know where it would lead me. I followed the currents. The currents were good to me, they guided me fine. They taught me a lot on thier way. As I swam with the currents, I would think what a fine swimmer I would make in the coming days.

"swimming against the flow is adventure"... was my dads favourite quote. I never even thought of swimming against the flow. Why should I? Afterall life was so fine for me. I got everything I needed by just following the currents.

But, what I didnt think was, the river would finally reach the big ocean...where I would have to decide things for myself. If river had one path and one goal, an ocean would have thousands. Before I could even think I have been pushed onto this ocean. Thousands of currents flow past me...which one do I take? On what basis do I take em? All my decisions were based on pleasing someone or the other. Who is it this time?

Let me decide stuff for me so that I can please myself. But, having said that, I dont know what would make me happy. I am not able to decide that. I wish I knew it. I wish someone was there to guide me. I have lots of ppl to guide...but each one has thier own path. Which path is the best for ME? I dont know.

God...I rely on you completely. I hope you give me the answers in the coming days.

1 Comments:

Blogger if_tomm_comes said...

I know how difficult it is to swim against the flow or maybe even deciding where to swim to in the first place. But I guess at some point or the other, each person stands at a crossroad and has to make decisions. And I always believe that we should listen to what everyone has to say but make our own decisions so that we do not have to regret later on in life about listening to someone.

I wish you luck and hope you figure out soon which path you want to take.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home