Monday, August 14, 2006

Getting crushed by my first ever CRUSH - part 4

I was born with shyness, and it’s most likely that I would still find it at my death bed. I sometimes wonder I could have had a lot more friends if it was not for my shyness. But as it’s said, its quality that matters over the quantity, so lets get back to one of those quality moments where I was getting to know one “quality” friend.

To start with, I hardly had anything to talk about. “I could probably talk to her about that beautiful song ‘enge enadhu kavidhai…’ she sang during college function. But…what do I tell about her performance…I had missed it :-(.” “I could probably talk about her beautiful voice.” “Yaahhh…and make her feel what a despo you are and probably make this the last time she spoke to you. STOP…no talking about anything….only asking simple-getting-to-know questions”

What do you mean by simple-getting-to know question?(the next research topic). so I rolled out my simple-getting-to-know questions “so what are your plans after college?, who and all are there in your house?, Oh you have a sister? so what is your sister up to?(now…how does that matter?)” Irrelevant question? Hehe…I knew answers to all (except if her sister was available or not?:-)).

Finally as I ran out of those stupid questions, there was this silence. A lot of things ran across my mind during that moment. Suddenly out of nowhere that silence gave me the guts, the guts I lacked all these two years (those last few drops of Pepsi could have been the culprit:-)). So at last……….I told her.

To be continued...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unanchored Sails said...

hmm.. so wat did u tell her.."Can I have another pepsi" ? ... rite the nex part soon..

Btw..is this autobiographical or made to look autobiographical ;) ?

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home