Sunday, August 20, 2006

Getting crushed by my first ever CRUSH - part 5

I told her what I had been hiding for these two years. Well…not everything…but atleast the parts which clearly meant how much I liked her before. I tested my grammatic skills a little by telling everything in the past tense...and yes...I passed the test:).


Well…past tense was all good…whats up with the present tense?

So I ended the conversation “It would be great to have a friend like you”.

She replied back “Out of the blue you have shot all this at me. I don’t even know how to react. But yes, I am sure we will be great friends” with a smile.

And so ended my crush story(atleast that’s what I thought). The great friends would never meet again for the next three years.

But…that days events were replayed every now…mainly as an achievement…I was not a average guy anymore(hehe). And the thought that I had actually conveyed my feelings to her made me feel so proud of it…until…

Three longs years later...

One fine day V met again. After the initial ‘hi-how r u? wat u doing?’ questions, we started to fill the 3 year gap with what happened in each other lives. 3 yrs was a long time, enough to write a 3 hour long essay atleast. I don’t know why, all questions were answered back and forth in a ‘choose the right answer’ way. Soon…we ran out of questions and then … the same silence struck (yah the same one…only this time I didn’t have the empty pepsi bottle to blame). So struck by this little curiosity…I asked her “do you remember the day on your birthday I had …..”

“No”, “hmmm”, “Oh is it?”

after 2-3 minutes of playing around she said….

“Oh yah, I remember. But, you know what I thought? I thought it was just a dare…blah blah blah”

So…that’s how my first crush crushed me. All those 2 and half yrs of feelings poured into 5 minutes of pepsi was finally taken as just another dare? Does she even realize the effort that went into opening up to her? She probably wouldn’t, because it is probably my fault that I didn’t tell it properly. How does she know what I did all that 2 and half yrs? Did I tell her all that? No

One lesson to be learnt would be: What you think was a great show…need not necessarily be the case for the audience :-)

That shouldn’t stop the show though…cos according to me its going great. And so continuing
from where I left….maaan she looked like a goddess….

THE END

DISCLAIMER: The above mentioned events are an exageration of small events in authors life. The words "she", "her" point to HER only, whom you,me,him,us,we or all might not know. So let us not break our head into knowing who HER is.

10 Comments:

Blogger Unanchored Sails said...

ahem !!! so not quite wat i expected... but u know its always that way... we think we communicated wat we wanted to ..but the other person need not have taken it in that sense.....

it happens :) .. its a lesson well learnt...

10:05 PM  
Blogger Kripa said...

yup...but what happens...happens for good:)

10:59 PM  
Blogger Kripa said...

@smeagol
dont know y...but these reminds me of a certain guy called joey working in wyeth...lol

7:51 AM  
Blogger Kripa said...

hehe...guess u werent able to read the disclaimer properly:) she was an anonimous:P

no dude....trust me...no ones gonna hav half as much fun knwing all tat details:)

1:52 PM  
Blogger Manikandan Sachidanandan said...

Kripa...ennamoo po da....ennna eennavoo solrey....'disclaimer'rungerey..."you,me,him,us,we or all might not know" nu solrey....kalllakkku po!!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Kripa said...

@mani
i hav jus steppd into the blog world dude...u r a king here already:)
thanks buddy!:)

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you were a girl by the name. :(

8:59 AM  
Blogger Kripa said...

@hippy
yah a lot of thm get consufed:). but this is not the first time U got it wrong...rite?:P

9:02 AM  
Blogger Unanchored Sails said...

heylo.. update cheyyu !! vere jolee onnum illyalo ;) ?

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the only ONE who knows who she is

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home