Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A diary entry long long ago somewhere near Garden of Eden reads...

Dear Diary,
Life has changed drastically ever since me and my wife consumed the 'forbidden fruit'. To start with, we were exiled from the garden of eden. Life was so much better there. Now in this wretched piece of land we do agriculture in order to survive. As time passed, our responsibilties have only increased. Now, we have four sons. We are getting old and kind off worried thinking what would happen to our sons after we are gone? Will they be able to live a self sufficient life or will they perish fighting against each other? I guess I should teach them to live peacefully by giving each one a responsibility which does not interfere with the other. By doing so, they would mind their own business and slowly learn that they depend on each other for their survival.

Kshatriya, my first son, seems to be very good at karate n kung-fu. May be because of this strength in him, he seems to have this knack of getting everyone to listen to him. Though he lazes around the house all day long looking for more food and drinks, I am sure he can protect and rule this bunch.

Brahmin, my second son, is special. His belief in god, gives us so much hope. He motivates everyone to follow a sin-less life, a path to god. The rest seem to believe in him and his words. With his efforts, I am sure GOD will take notice of our good deeds and hence take us back to the garden.

I really don’t know what to do with my third son, Vaishya. I guess I don’t need to worry too much about him, because he somehow seems to have learnt to survive. Just the other day he wanted a pencil from brahmin, he worked his way out by trading it for some apples he plucked from the field. I am sure he can survive somehow.

Oh god, what is to happen to my fourth son, Sudra. All day the poor guy toils hard in the field. The others don't seem to be treating him with respect. They don't realise that there wont be any pizzas, pastas or sambar dosas without him. Who will plough the field, sow the seeds, and harvest the crops all year long to feed their empty stomachs? I hope someday they realize his importance, or this poor chap will be left uncared forever.

May God be with us.
Goodnite,
Signing off
Adam

To be continued...

1 Comments:

Blogger if_tomm_comes said...

Very interesting, Adam and Eve having Hindu sons. I must say thats a very creative post. Who's the blog champion now, ha? :D

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home