Saturday, September 16, 2006

Painting a perfect picture...

How good is a painting, if it does not sport a different shade for the green grass and the green trees, for the blue sky and the blue sea, the fair you and the brown me? Isnt failure to realize the different shades a failure to express oneself in the painting? However skilled the artist might be with his brush…he fails.

Thinking in the same lines….
How good is a writing, if it cannot express the different shades involved? If everything in this world could be expressed in few words, why would we even have so many words in the first place?

I was introduced to this blog world by a good friend of mine as a way to get rid of my boredom. Being a talented person who can see good things upfront(:P), I took to this habit of ‘blog-hopping’(seriously speaking…I was damn bored and had nothing else to do). I must admit it is/was exciting to read other people’s blog (especially friend’s blogs, probably because I could relate to them more). This made me do something which I had not done for sometime….READ.

As I read a lot of the blogs written by others, I noticed most of these amateur bloggers around me were great thinkers. In all modesty, I feel most of us could have been great writers if we knew the perfect words for the occasion. In mathematical terms…the difference between ‘us’ and a great writer is the difference between writing 1.5 + 1.6 as 2 or 2.1.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kripa said...

@smeagol
professional writer eh? do u really thing arians like us shud give professional writers a run for their money?:P

11:32 AM  
Blogger Manikandan Sachidanandan said...

3.1 illayooooooooo ?

2:29 PM  
Blogger Kripa said...

@Mani
C? I knew there will b a professional writer somewhr among us...was waiting for one...n here he comes:)

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home